gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:20:35 -0600

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings, and thanks for your work on this and reports!
>
> There is a proto Debian ppc64le port in unstable which builds axiom,
> hol88, and acl2.  There are gcc compiler bugs preventing a maxima
> testsuite pass.  I am in dialogue with the gcc maintainers, and am
> filing bugs, but if you want to do it, please feel free to take over!

I don't actually know much about the powerpc architecture.  I'm just
the hapless package maintainer who gets bug reports from Fedora's
secondary arch teams. :-)  I think we'll all be better off if you
continue to drive things.

> I will look at/apply your reloc patches -- thanks!

I think the patch isn't quite right, because ...

> I suspect selinux chcon settings on the mprotect failure.

... SELinux is turned off on the koji builders, precisely because
there are a number of packages that cannot be built successfully with
SELinux protection on.  Since we appear to be getting EACCES from
mprotect(), that means that the target address isn't right.  I will
try to gather more data.

Regards,
--
Jerry James