gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] What do the times represent

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] What do the times represent
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:01:54 -0400

Greetings!  I'm guessing from your other post that you are working with
2.7.0 aka master.  Great!  The build time is indeed slow, and this is
among the main reasons why this is not released yet.  But its not gc.
The compiler has become very 'sophisticated' and inlines everything in
terms of compressed lisp source.  On top of this, it iterates on
variable type collisions in tagbody and recursion, so computationally
it is quite involved.  It does produce superior code, but given how
compile-time and runtime have been merged in recent usage, it needs to
be able to cache previously compiled results, and this is not done yet.

Take care,