gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] win64

From: Sören Jonsson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] win64
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:41:26 +0100

Hello Camm (and everyone else),

I had a look at Visual C++ and it's data types. An unsigned 8-byte integer can be declared there as unsigned_int64 or "unsigned long long". In GCC double-word integers should be declared as "unsigned long long" as well, according to https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Long-Long.html . This is apparently a ISO C99 standard.

I hope that this can help you with tye long pointer problem.

Best regards,

Soeren Jonsson
SWEDEN

Camm Maguire wrote:
Greetings! And thanks again so much for your help. This appears as if it will take a little time after all, as MS, alone among all other common oses, defines 64bit long as a 32bit int. GCL code has long equated pointer types with long integers. I'm hoping a simple typedef at the top somewhere might take care of this. Take care,
-- Camm Maguire