gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Axiom Ubuntu 15.10 build failure m__gmpz_add question

From: daly
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Axiom Ubuntu 15.10 build failure m__gmpz_add question
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:14:44 -0600

Camm,

On Ubuntu 15.10 there appears to be a problem related to m__gmpz_add.
Before I go too far down this rabbit hole, is there anything to know?

I did the usual

git clone git://github.com/daly/axiom
cd axiom
export AXIOM=`pwd`/mnt/ubuntu
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
make NOISE= TESTSET=moretests

which failed.

It appears that there was a problem with libgmp3 and alloc.c
I did an apt-get install libgmp3 but the build still fails

I've uploaded the console log to:
http://daly.axiom-developer.org/axiomfail.txt

I tried fetching a latest version of GCL with:

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gcl.git
cd gcl
git checkout master
cd gcl
./configure
make

which fails with:

makefile:39: recipe for target 'pathname.o' failed
make[1]: *** [pathname.o] Error 1

which seems to be related to:

pathname.d:566:38: error: expected ')' before 'restrict'
 parse_namestring_check(s,start,end,c,restrict)

pathname.d: 570:1: warning: useless type name in empty declaration
 int restrict;

pathname.d:571:1 error: expected identifier or '(' before '{' token

I've uploaded the console log to:
http://daly.axiom-developer.com/gclfail.txt

So the gcl-2.6.8pre7 fails due to some change related to gmp.
And the gcl-2.7.0 version in the repo seems to have a problem
with the symbol 'restrict'.

I'm going to hack on the restrict code to see if I can get a
working GCL on Ubuntu 15.10

Tim