gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] File load algorithm

From: J Dalton
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] File load algorithm
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:28:02 +0000

I think that if there's to be more than one source file extension /
type that's checked, there should be a list of them that the user can
specify somehow.  I have used ".cl" more than ".lisp".   But if the
algorithm is going to get that complicated, should it really be part
of LOAD?   I think that LOAD should perhaps do something quite simple,
and that if people want something more complicated, they can write it
or use of of the DEFSYSTEMs.

-- J.