gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Emacs Keybindings for early LISP keyboards and iMac BT?

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Emacs Keybindings for early LISP keyboards and iMac BT?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:08:25 -0400

Does anyone know the physical to functional keybindings for early LISP Machine keyboards, Symbols, Knight, Space Cadet etc featured here:

http://xahlee.info/kbd/lisp_keyboards.html

I did an analysis against the Space Cadet against my iMac Bluetooth keyboard.  Here are some rough samples because physical mapping is not 1-1:

iMac.                          Symbolics Space Cadet
Command Left/Right  Space or no key
Option Left.                Control
Control Left.               Control
Fn Left                       Meta
Option Right.                Control
Left Arrow Right.         Control
Up/Down Arrow           Right Meta
Caps Lock                     Alt Mode or Rub Out (Delete under char?)
Tab                                Network or Tab

I'm suspicious that the Space Cadet ALT MODE which is close to the iMac TAB may be the original mapping to Meta functionality because it corresponds easily to the pinky figure.

Also, does anyone have a good keymap for using Emacs with LISP using Mac OSX and iMac's BT keyboard.

Appreciate anyone's guidance on this.  Apologies if this is off topic, however unsure where to go to get the community required to answer this.

Thanks!