gcl-devel

Windows [ was Re: [Maxima-discuss] GCL Version_2_6_13pre125 ]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Windows [ was Re: [Maxima-discuss] GCL Version_2_6_13pre125 ]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 10:59:29 -0500

Greetings!

I have followed your very helpful suggestion below, and restored the
mingw32 build in a virtualbox.

As 64bit seems required nowadays, I've gotten cygwin64 ready as well,
all up to well known and documented fork() failures which I have been
unable to resolve up to now (after trying all FAQ's, etc.)

Questions:

1) Is it not perhaps the path of least resistance for a windows user to
simply run a virtual linux box for maxima?  mingw and cygwin both have
multiple stability problems.

2) In case you happen to know, when does Windows expire if not
activated?

2_6_13pre otherwise ready to go out the door.

Take care,