gcl-devel

Re: [Maxima-discuss] Windows [ was Re: GCL Version_2_6_13pre125 ]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Maxima-discuss] Windows [ was Re: GCL Version_2_6_13pre125 ]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 09:50:31 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for your feedback!

I agree and have confirmed a restore of the mingw 32 build for 2.6.13pre
(branch mingw_restore, trivial mod to be folded in).  I'm struggling
with a bit of greed to extend to 64bit before release, as all that
stands in the way is the failure (in 64bit only) of cygwin fork() (well
documented and advertised as unreliable).  I will spend a few more days
to see if I can find a workaround, and if not release as is.  The 32bit
will of course be supported, but as we note is likely mostly irrelevant.
>From what I can tell, the original mingw 32bit project stopped in 2013,
and this code still works.  Successors seem to have borrowed/overlapped
with cygwin.  I am unsure which environment is dominant and/or most
viable.

Thanks again for the virtualbox suggestion.  (How long will unactivated
environments last?)

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire                                        camm@maguirefamily.org