gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | Compilation error when TagLib is not availa

From: maikfussel
Subject: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | Compilation error when TagLib is not available (#102)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 19:04:27 +0000

maikfussel created an issue:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-commander/-/issues/102

When output of ./configure gives (when TagLib is not installed):

`checking for TAGLIB... no`

Than make will fail with:
```
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:50:63: error: ‘TagLib’ does not name a type
   50 | bool getAudioProperties(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::AudioProperties *properties);
      |                                                               ^~~~~~
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:50:87: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘*’ token
   50 | bool getAudioProperties(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::AudioProperties *properties);

              ^
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:50:86: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
   50 | bool getAudioProperties(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::AudioProperties *properties);
      |                        ~
             ^~

             )
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:50:87: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
   50 | bool getAudioProperties(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::AudioProperties *properties);

              ^
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:51:53: error: ‘TagLib’ does not name a type
   51 | bool readTags(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::Ogg::XiphComment *oggTag);
      |                                                     ^~~~~~
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:51:64: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘::’ token
   51 | bool readTags(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::Ogg::XiphComment *oggTag);
      |                                                                ^~
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:51:64: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘::’ token
   51 | bool readTags(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::Ogg::XiphComment *oggTag);
      |              ~                                                 ^~
      |                                                                )
gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.cc:51:64: error: expected initializer before ‘::’ token
   51 | bool readTags(GnomeCmdFileMetadata &metadata, const
TagLib::Ogg::XiphComment *oggTag);
      |                                                                ^~
make[3]: *** [Makefile:516: gnome-cmd-tags-taglib.o] Error 1
```

When I installed TagLib using Ubuntu package 'libtag1-dev' I am able to compile
gnome-commander.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-commander/-/issues/102
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.gnome.org.