gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Odd problem with removing directories

From: Andreas Lundin
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Odd problem with removing directories
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:46:57 +0200

I have actually tracked down the error to fam. While running fam I can't
delete directories in any file manager that uses fam (ie nautilus, konqueror
etc), but as soon as I turn it off it works again.

I mount my windows shares with this line in fstab
//moya/180gxp1$     /mnt/180gxp1        smbfs
fmask=775,dmask=775,dmask=0,gid=100,username=user%passwd,users,rw

I would really like to get it running with fam, so if you run fam and have
access to windows shares and deleteing directories really work, please tell
me how you mount those shares.

It would be nice to use fam, as without it GC doesn't seem to update
directories when I move files and the like.

//Andreas