gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Hello / Confused

From: Myke Carter
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Hello / Confused
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:41:39 -0500

First post to the list.

I am now in the process of switching from RH 7.2 + Ximian Gnome to Mandrake 9.2 and have been surprised to find that the Gnome interface for Midnight Commander is no longer being developed.

My search for a suitable replacement has led me to Gnome Commander.

Gnome Commander does not appear to be included anywhere as part of Mandrake 9.2 so I downloaded the Mandrake RPM for v1.1.6.

I ran 'urpmi -v --test' on the package.

"Installation is possible" was the response.

I then installed the package but

"Everything already installed" was the response.

I can find no trace of Gnome Commander on my CDs, on my hard drive or in my Gnome menus.

Entering 'gcmd' at a shell prompt does not work.

Did 'urpmi' lie to me by telling me that it was already installed?

If not, where is it?!!!

Thanks in advance,

Myke