gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] 'unzip' as menu plugin

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] 'unzip' as menu plugin
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:34:49 +0200

Micha wrote:

You may also restrict it to be shown up only for *.zip files.
It works for a single file only. I didn't try to find out how to process multi-selections.

FileRoller does a better job in this case with
following in Prefs -> Programs:
*To zip:
file-roller --add
(any files or folders)

*To unzip:
file-roller -extract
(restricted to archives)

This respects "working folder" and lets you
chose a filename and if it should be .tgz,
.zip or bz2 by the extention.

What would be needed is to be able to browse
archives just as ordinary folders, with add
and extract by simply drag n drop.

by patent law on written works.