gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] SSH + Plugins

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] SSH + Plugins
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:09:29 +0200

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 18:12 +0200, Youri Matthys wrote:

> However, there are still some things i can't figure out:
>
>     ° In the menu there is an option called plugins. Where can I find
> plugins to use with GC?

Currently there two plugins available for gcmd: creating archives with
FileRoller (accessible from right mouse button menu) and support for CVS
access. These unfortunately were broken in 1.1.7, but should work now in
freshly baked 1.2.0 release :o)

However we've started works on incorporating python plugins system into
gcmd and it's likely to get it working in the next release. Extending
gcmd to use python scripting allows users the power of python without
going into the internals of hacking gcmd ;o)

>     ° While connecting to FTP servers works fine i still need to acces
> my SSH shares very often. Is
>      it possible to achieve this in GC?

Unfortunately not yet. IMHO it shouldn't be that difficult to SSH+FTP
support, for GnomeVFS supports this protocol. Seems to be quick hack...

>     ° I'm using gentoo linux and fetched the 1.2 ebuild from the site
> but it doesn't find the package on
>      the server. Can someone provide me with a decent URL to the
> package?

ebuild for gcmd has just been added to gcmd tarball :o) See:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-commander/1.2/gnome-commander-1.2.0.tar.bz2

Piotr