gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Editing files on a ftp connection

From: chris montijn
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Editing files on a ftp connection
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:30:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

At this moment I am trying to switch from Windows
Commander to Gnome-commander and most of the issues I
had are resolved. But there is one feature that I
really use a lot, editing files directly on an
FTP-server.

In Windows Commander (WC) i connect to a FTP-server
press F4 on the file to edit and WC stores the file in
a local temp dir and I can edit the file (without any
pops or questions, I love it). Then I save the file
and quit the editor and WC prompts that the file has
changed and asks if I want to upload the local
temporary file to the server. Afterwards it deletes
the local file.

Is this possible in Gnome-commander?

Regards, Chris