gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Using "enable filter" in ver 1.2.0

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Using "enable filter" in ver 1.2.0
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:16:07 +0100

James Haefner wrote:
I am using the ubuntu version 1.2.0 that is supported by Ubuntu 6.10. I know Gcommander 1.2.3 is out, but using your links to the ubuntu deb file produces 6 library conflicts that I do not want to upgrade. So, my question concerns 1.2.0. : when I "enable filters" for a panel and type in editing field something like: *.java, I expected this to behave like midnight commander and hide all files not matching that filter. But nothing happens in Gnome Commander. I tried implementing the typed material with "return", "shift-return", "control-return" "alt-return"... nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug and fixed in 1.2.3?

No, the editing field in the properties -> filters tab is
only about how backup-files should be recognised.

Or did i get your question wrong?

by patent law on written works.