gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:40:41 +0100

> > On the similar note -- I haven't found a shortcut for "Go $HOME"
>
> There doesn't seem to be one.
> But then, I never missed it.
> Look, Alt+Home is 2 keys,  cd <enter> is 3

Have a look at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnome-commander/trunk/NEWS ;o)

> > Ctrl+Shift+.
> >
> > Copy the current working directory from the active file list to the
> > inactive
> > one; which is IMHO much more useful  than Ctrl+.
>
> ACK
>
> It's still broken in 1.3, and I guess it always was.
>

> Thinking about it, wouldn't one of both be enough ?
> Is something speaking against Ctrl . for copying from
> active -> inactive, and removing Ctrl+Shift+. ?

Unfortunately they are counter-intuitive - I have never managed to
remember which one is what for... ;o)

Far better candidates are CTRL+LEFT and CTRL+RIGHT for setting inactive
current working dir (the first one: from left to right, the other one:
the opposite).

I do plan to drop CTRL+. and CTRL+SHIFT+. in a future. What about it?

Piotr