gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-commander-1.2.8.17 released

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-commander-1.2.8.17 released
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:53:11 +0100

As far as I can see they don't have the new version available yet. They
seem to sync their packages with Debian, but you may also make a request
here [1] directly at ubuntu.

Up to now you don't really need to install the new version, if 1.2.8.15
is still working. In v1.2.8.16 and v1.2.8.17 only bugfixes have been
committed to be able to build GCMD from the sources again. No new
features have been implemented.

I'd suggest you wait for the 1.4 release. :-)

Ciao,
Uwe

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

PS: If you still want to install the package by using the .tar.xz
tarball, you have to delete the binary version, download and extract the
.tar.xz file, go into to main folder and do:

./configure
make
sudo make install

It might be that you have to install source packages from ubuntu
additionally. See the message from AM Gardner about his experiences in
xubuntu:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gcmd-devel/2014-01/msg00000.html