gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Gnome-Commander File Manager

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-Commander File Manager
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:46:04 +0800

I currently have Ubuntu 12.04 w/Nautilus.  I am looking for a
file manager that, like Windows Explorer, will be able to search
the entire drive.  In Nautilus, if I want to perform a search
of everything on the drive, I have to perform multiple searches by
manually moving the a specific dir/file then go to the next and so
on.  This is extremely time consuming and very frustrating.  As
with Windows Explorer, all I had to do was select the c-drive and
input my search topic then enter.  This is not the case with
Ubuntu Nautilus.

So, does Gnome-Commander work in Ubuntu 12.04? How can I perform
a search of the system drive in Ubuntu?  Will Gnome-Commander
perform a search of the entire drive?

r,
Michael