gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-Commander File Manager

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-Commander File Manager
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:26:50 +0100

Michael,

> So, does Gnome-Commander work in Ubuntu 12.04?

ubuntu 'precise' seems to have 1.2.8.15
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/gnome/gnome-commander

> How can I perform a search of the system drive in Ubuntu?

There is a search window accessible from 'Edit' in the main menu.

>  Will Gnome-Commander perform a search of the entire drive?

Basically, yes, because there is a chooser for recursive depth which can be set
to 'unlimited'.

I don't know how deep you are involved with linux standards consider that there
are system folders which are not accessible (readable) for a common user. With
'root' enabled, there is 'start gcmd as root', but in Ubuntu, it should rather
work by 'sudo' starting gcmd. At the least this could be achieved by terminal.
But then, if you know shell commands, why not just use a 'sudo find' command.
Anyway, if your target really is the whole system, be careful with modifying
stuff and do backups.