gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] GCMD & Gnome 3.8

From: Didster
Subject: [gcmd-usr] GCMD & Gnome 3.8
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:01:59 +0100

Hi,

Since upgrading to the "Jessie" release of Debian, I cannot get GCMD to
work with SMB shares anymore.  On startup, I get this notice:

libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to activate daemon: Process
org.gnome.GnomeVFS.Daemon exited with status 1

Selecting the icon gives:

Error while getting peer-to-peer connection: Process
org.gnome.GnomeVFS.Daemon
exited with status 1

With a dialog that says:

Failed to open connection: Internal error

The package libgnomevfs2-extra is installed:

dpkg -l | grep vfs
gvfs:amd64
gvfs-backends
gvfs-bin
gvfs-common
gvfs-daemons
gvfs-fuse
gvfs-libs:amd64
libgnome-vfs2.0-cil
libgnomevfs2-0
libgnomevfs2-bin
libgnomevfs2-common
libgnomevfs2-extra

gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.8.4

Any idea?  SMB browsing works just fine from Thunar & Nautilus

Thanks