gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming

From: Sophoklis Goumas
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:32:36 +0300

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Uwe Scholz <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is strange. How exactly do you rename the file? By pressing "F2"
> and hitting "ENTER" afterwards? Can you tell where the cursor is after
> hitting "ENTER", i.e. which file is active?

With the desired file highlighted I hit F2 (or Shift-F6) and then that file's
whole filename (including the extension) gets selected.

To that point I cannot move the cursor to a desired position of this selection
by the use of: arrow keys, ctrl + arrow keys, home, end.

If however I will try to type something the whole filename will get replaced
with what I've typed.

This could have been a temporary solution but since backspace (or ESC)
won't work aking a mistake makes me to have to restart all over again.

> Can you point the cursor to another file by clicking on it with the left
> mouse button?

I can and likewise I can also place the cursor within the filename selection
that way but having to use mouse (or trackpad) makes me way slower.

> Did it work as expected with a former version of gcmd?

Not quite sure, but it works flawlessly in my desktop, so I cant tell for
my netbook (an ASUS 1000HE) which is where I'm now facing these troubles.

Lastly here is the output produced when starting gnome-commander from CLI: