gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:32:37 +0200

I checked the part of the source code again which is responsible for the
rename dialog (src/dialogs/gnome-cmd-rename-dialog.cc). Nothing has
changed since v1.4.0. This is, of course, no proof that no bug hides
here...

Some other questions:
What Linux distribution and version are you using?
Which version of gtk+-2 is installed?

Do you have any other program running in the background? If yes, close
it and try renaming and using the position keys again. It might be that
a program in the background catches the pressed arrow keys, ctrl + arrow
keys, 'home', and 'end'. Otherwise... This would be strange, because you
can use those keys for moving the cursor in the file list?

If you have the time, try to install xfce or any other window manager
apart from Gnome and test renaming again. Does the cursor move in this
case?

I'm working on xfce using a current Gentoo Linux, and I can't reproduce
the described behavior in GCMD 1.4.3.

Nothing critical here...

Best wishes,
Uwe