gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Filename color

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Filename color
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:03:56 +0100

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2015, 23:24 -0200 schrieb Franz:
> Hi
> In the chapter File Features this wiki
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers#cite_note-51
> tells that Gnome Commander allows some file coloring filter.
>
> I wonder if this means that it is possible to change the color of the
> filename, for having different colors for different categories of
> files.

There is a checkbox in the Options->Layout tab for using the LS_COLORS
variable. See here: https://gcmd.github.io/ss/opt_layout.png

When you activate this checkbox, you have the ability to change file
colors. But this option is not used to set different colors for each
file type identified by the suffix (e.g. ".txt"). Instead, LS_COLORS is
used for different linux file types:

http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2008/04/11/configuring-ls_colors

I hope that helps a bit! :)

Best wishes