gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] set default viewer to eog and default text ed to gedit

From: Bonnie Dalzell
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] set default viewer to eog and default text ed to gedit
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:47:20 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, Uwe Scholz wrote:
can anyone explain the difference between the following % in a command

gedit %u

gedit %s

thanks so much for any help.

there are some questions that are very hard to google because you do not know the correct keywords

also in my mime aps list there are duplicated lines one terminated by a semi-colon ; the other not

as in

application/x-extension-xhtml=firefox.desktop
application/x-extension-xhtml=firefox.desktop;

Hi Bonnie,

the viewer and editor you configure in gnome-commander options are only
relevant when you hit "F3" (view) or "F4" (edit) on your keyboard while
the keyboard cursor is on the file of interest.

Somehow I had never learned about this. Thanks. At least these function keys work as you suggest.

For changing the default programm when you double click on it there is
a section in the online documentation how to change it. Have a look
here:

Am going to study this link now.

https://gcmd.github.io/doc.html#mime

I hope this will help you.

Best wishes
Uwe

Am Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:10:07 -0500 (EST) schrieb Bonnie Dalzell