gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander 1.6.2 in the nux-dextop repo

From: Ken Taylor
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Gnome Commander 1.6.2 in the nux-dextop repo
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:35:10 -0500

Please allow me to spread the word...

gnome-commander 1.6.2 is available in the nux-dextop repo. It includes the "glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas" at the tail end of the package which takes care of an issue which I experienced with an earlier test package.

I have tested the following scenarios using my normal environment - CentOS 7 + X Windows system + mate-desktop with CentOS Base (priority 1), epel (priority 10) and nux-dextop (priority 20) repos configured.

1 - yum install gnome-commander on a machine which never had gnome-commander. Works! 2 - yum erase gnome-commander to remove 1.4.4 then yum install gnome-commander. Works!
3 - yum update on a machine with gnome-commander 1.4.4 installed. Works!

My thanks to Uwe and the gnome-commander team for their work in updating this fine product and to nux for making it available to mere mortals to install on their CentOS systems :-)

Ken Taylor

p.s. I posted the information about the 1.6.3 update to the nux forum.