gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Bulk rename - using a wild card?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Bulk rename - using a wild card?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:32:49 +0200

My quickshot, suitable only for that specific case, would be 'The' -> 'the' and
then 'the H' -> 'The H'

For more sphisticated solutions, if you are familiar with 'sed', you could try
out the commandline tool 'rename'.

Package: rename
 This package provides both a perl interface for renaming files
 (File::Rename) and a command line tool 'rename' which is intended to
 replace the version currently supplied by the perl package.
Homepage: https://metacpan.org/release/File-Rename

The huge advantage over gcmd is that it works recursively (or at least i think
it does).

Recursive renaming was one thing of the gcmd To Do list from very early days,
but never got implemented.

hth mi

> Hello from waterlogged North Carolina,

Be thankful -- too much water is better than no water at all.

> p.s. The sky is starting to become bright.  I wonder if the Martians are
> invading?

They are already there since 1492 ... so what.