gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] A rather strange g-c experience

From: kht-lists
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] A rather strange g-c experience
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 15:41:39 +0000

Thanks Michael,

The motherboard is only a couple of years old and has USB 3 ports. It is the
flash drive which is USB 2. Sandisk Cruiser Blade - $4.99 US from Walmart - one
of their back to school special purchases.  Four years ago they had a 4 GB for
$4.99, the next year 16 GB and for the past two years 32 GB. Slow but cheap.
Ideal for this particular purpose.

I am familiar with the caching and USB drives. Copying starts FAST - until
caching by the OS is filled and then sloooow. If I "eject" the drive
immediately after the copy finishes it does take a while until the drive
signals ready to remove.

As to an addon adapter... I have a USB 2 card in the machine to run an OLD
Brother multi-function printer/scanner/fax device. I spent 3 weeks working with
a fellow in New Zealand on linuxquestions.org on that one. I could print when
it was connected to a USB 3 port but not scan. In fact I could not scan if it
was connected to a USB 2 port in a machine with USB 3 available on other ports.
It has been working fine after I added a "Hi speed" USB 2 board - $3.95
delivered from evilbay :-)

Ken

p.s. Did you ever get my .deb file to install g-c on your machine?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.