gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Search window - save last used columns size

From: bendov
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Search window - save last used columns size
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 21:28:44 -0500

Hello all,
Something I noticed (least in Mint 18.1) in Search window, the last
adjusted column widths aren't saved.
AFAIK, there are no Search window settings in dconf, but Main window has
them?

Also, the Search window often needs to be fairly big, to be able to scan
down the directory column (no tooltips). emoticon crying
Every session, the Search columns need resizing.

Neither main window or Search will move to background when other window
is clicked - which is made worse by the
Search window having no minimize or maximize button or context options.
It gets old dragging the Search window to the bottom, then back up, then...

I assume that's because Search is treated like a popup? not a separate
window, so the Main window won't move to front & Search to the back, as
long as Search is open?  All of these small things combined make it a
lot less productive (for me).

Thanks for any help.