gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] glib version too low

From: Ken Taylor
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] glib version too low
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:13:44 +0000

I can build 1.12.3.1 on Ubuntu 20.04. The trick I used was to add the 18.04
repos to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic universe
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic multiverse

Then sudo apt-get update and install the obsolete packages. At one time I
believe these instructions were on the web site. However, there were some
reports of issues with my approach so I would say try it on a test machine or
virtual machine in case it breaks something.

I am running 1.10.3 on a couple of Linux Mint 20.x virtual machines with no
problems although I will admit I do not stress test all or even a portion of
the features in gnome-commander.

When the next release of Mint comes out and proves stable I need to redo my
whole system. Upgrade the host OS to Mint and migrate most activities to
virtual machines. Sort of my imitation of Qubes OS.

Ken

I don't have a Swiss bank account but I DO have a Swiss email address :-)
Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.