gdb

Re: Unbalbe to gdb core file generted from customer machine on local hos

From: James C Chen
Subject: Re: Unbalbe to gdb core file generted from customer machine on local host
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:12:28 -0500

Hi there,

Karl provided me some general information. Could gdb team please provide me
some information?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

James Chen
IBM
----- Forwarded by James C Chen/Ontario/IBM on 11/17/2014 11:09 AM -----

From:   "Karl Berry via RT" <address@hidden>
To:     James C Chen/Ontario/address@hidden
Date:   11/16/2014 10:21 AM
Subject:        [gnu.org #960633] Unbalbe to gdb core file generted from
            customer machine

Hi - thanks for writing, but sorry, but this is the general information
address for the FSF and GNU. We aren't experts in gdb.  I suggest
writing to the public gdb help list, address@hidden  (FWIW, as far as I
know it is necessary to use the machine the dump was made on, or an
exact clone, since by its nature it will depend on many tiny details of
the environment.  But maybe there is some trick or alternative I don't
know about.)

Best wishes,
Karl

---
Have we been helpful to you today?  Would you like to help
the FSF continue to spread the word about software freedom?
You too can become a member! Learn more at:
http://donate.fsf.org