Re: [Getfem-users] Plasticity

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Plasticity
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:22:30 +0200

Le Mardi 23 Mai 2006 12:18, Amancherla, Sundar (GE, Research) a écrit :
> I would like to use XFEM for crack growth. I am not sure if plasticity is
> implemented as a part of getfem?
>
> It would be great if any one could throw some light on how easy or
> difficult it is to implement plasticity using this package and XFEM.

There is an example of small deformation plasticity in Getfem tests programs
(tests/plasticity.cc). It should be possible to mixe tests/crack.cc and
tests/plasticity.cc to add plasticity to the computation of a crack but I do
not garanty that this is completely straightforward.

Yves.

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)         tel : (33) 05.61.55.93.36
  Dept de Mathematiques, INSA de Toulouse       fax : (33) 05.61.55.93.20
  Complexe Scientifique de Rangueil
  31077 Toulouse Cedex, FRANCE
  http://www-gmm.insa-toulouse.fr/~renard