[Getfem-users] Problem importing gmsh mesh into getfem++

From: Ron Daisy
Subject: [Getfem-users] Problem importing gmsh mesh into getfem++
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 01:29:25 +0300

Hello experts,

I generated 3D mesh using gmsh, and imported it into my getfem++ program, using
the command,

getfem::import_mesh("box.msh","gmsh",mesh);

I've go the following error when running the program:

Error in getfem_mesh_im.cc, line 64 void
getfem::mesh_im::set_integration_method(bgeot::size_type,
getfem::pintegration_method):
Incompatibility between integration method IM_TETRAHEDRON(6) and mesh element
GT_PK(2,1)

What is the reason that getfem++ takes 2D mesh type from the imported mesh - I
generated it as 3D mesh in gmsh.

Does any one have a working example of importing 3D gmsh mesh ?

Thanks in advance

Ron.