[Getfem-users] Problem with getting convex structure

From: Eugen Wintersberger
Subject: [Getfem-users] Problem with getting convex structure
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:40:02 +0100

Hi there
I have just started with getfem and have some problems with getting the
convex structures in a mesh. I use therefore the cvstruct method of the
mesh class. However as the command sequence below shows there is some
type problem with numarray (at least I think so). Does anyone have an
idea what I do wrong? I use IPython on an AMD64 Ubuntu Edgy Eft
installation.

best regards
Eugen

In [151]: x = mesh.cvstruct()
exceptions.TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent
call last)

/home/eugen/src/getfemtest/<ipython console>

/home/eugen/apps/inst/lib/python2.4/site-packages/getfem/getfem.py in
cvstruct(self, CVLST)
    333 listed once in CVS, and CV2STRUC maps the convexes indice in CVLST to
the
    334 indice of its structure in CVS."""
--> 335         return self.get("cvstruct", CVLST)
    336
    337

/home/eugen/apps/inst/lib/python2.4/site-packages/getfem/getfem.py in get(self,
*args)
    118         generic_destructor(self,destructible=True)
    119     def get(self, *args):
--> 120         return getfem('mesh_get',self.id, *args)
    121     def set(self, *args):
    122         return getfem('mesh_set',self.id, *args)

TypeError: NA_DescrFromType: unknown type: 14

In [152]: