[Getfem-users] regarding the valude of the level set function

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: [Getfem-users] regarding the valude of the level set function
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:58:34 +0100

Dear Yves,

        When I create a new level set on a getfem_mesh, I have to also set
values of
the level set function by setting

ls.values( )[i] = ..

for all the nodes of my original mesh, that I want to cut by the level set.
I browsed through the examples, located in getfem instalation, and I see that
all of them have quite simple procedure of doing this. Namelly, in every
example this procedure strongly depends on the geometry of the problem and I
didn't see some generic way of doing this. This is particularly a problem if
your level set (geometry of your interface) is quite arbitrary, as in my
case.
Is there a way to set those values in some generic way?
By, say, computing a signed distance between your interface (possibly defined
as a getfem::mesh itself) and the nodes where you have to define the value of
your level set?

Thank you in advance,
                                Andriy

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 13:51, you wrote:
> Le Mardi 20 Mars 2007 10:02, vous avez écrit :
> > Dear Yves,
> >
> >     I have finaly managed to implement the application or Dirichlet boundary
> > conditions in a weak sence. What you've suggested below works fine.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> >     In the attachment you can see an example picture of a problem where
> > Dirichlet BC's weere applied along the cirle mesh (made of segments).
>
> Nice result !

Andriy Andreykiv
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering