Re: [Getfem-users] Getfem python interface questions

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Getfem python interface questions
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:52:04 +0800

Julien Pommier wrote:
Hi ShuntTim,

I think the problem is elsewhere as your expression is working just fine. An
example of python script using eval is the demo_plate.py one.

Hello Julien,

Thanks for your reply. I had demo_plate.py (and demo_tripod) run fine after building numarray myself. It appears that the debian numarray package is somehow not complete.

Can you explain what do the arguments in mfd.eval('[0, x[1]*x[1]/1000]') in this line

b1.set('param', 'M', mfd, mfd.eval('[0, x[1]*x[1]/1000]'))

in demo_plate.py mean?

Does MeshFem.eval() requires a numarray array argument?

Unfortunately there seems to be no demo_plate.m to compare. Is such example available, perhaps in an older version?

About the equivalence of types, yes you are correct. Do you run into specific
problems on AMD64 ?

Yes, I can't compile the python extension module in debian/sid amd64 but I'll ask later in another thread.

Thanks very much for your help,
ST