[Getfem-users] Unable to import gmsh mesh in getfem-matlab interface

From: Arvind Ajoy
Subject: [Getfem-users] Unable to import gmsh mesh in getfem-matlab interface
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:41:56 +0530

Hi Everyone

I intend to solve the Poisson-Boltzmann equations inside a MOSFET in 3D. To begin with, I have considered a 2D case.
I wish to import the mesh created using Gmsh using the matlab interface of getfem. I have attached the geo file, and the mesh for your reference.

I use Matlab 7.4, with getfem++-3.0.4, compile using gcc-4.1. I was able to run all the examples, and all the check passed.

However, when I issue the command
M = gf_mesh('import','gmsh','path_to_ mos1.msh')
I get the following error.

logic_error exception caught
??? Error in getfem_import.cc, line 516 :
error while importing gmsh mesh file "/D/mos1.msh" : basic_ios::clear

Error in ==> gf_mesh at 76
    [varargout{1:nargout}]=gf_matlab('mesh',varargin{:});

In addition, when I open matlab, I see the following warning

Warning: Function /usr/local/matlab/toolbox/getfem/private/assert.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.

I dont have the expertise to write my entire code in C++ . I am unable to figure out what the error is. Could someone  please help me? Does anyone have an example using a gmsh mesh in the matlab interface?

Look forward to your replies.

Regards
Arvind

PhD Student, Electrical Engineering