[Getfem-users] Help regarding calculation of (n-1) dimensional integrals

From: Arvind Ajoy
Subject: [Getfem-users] Help regarding calculation of (n-1) dimensional integrals in an (n) dim problem
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:20:14 +0530

Dear Getfem users

I am solving Poisson's equation self-consistently with Schrodinger's equation in a cylindrical
geometry. I use Gmsh to create the mesh, which generates an extruded prismatic mesh. The
axis of the cylinder is oriented along the x-direction.

From a solution U(x,y,z) obtained on this mesh, I need to compute the following quantities
(in TeX notation)
1. \int \int _{yz} U(x_o,y,z) dy dz     , at different locations x_o
2. \int _{x}  U(x,y,z) dx

I tried using  mesh_slice; however, I am unable to generate a slice without mesh refinement!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should go about solving this problem?

Look forward to your replies

Regards
Arvind