Re: [Getfem-users] QUterm vs. parallelization

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] QUterm vs. parallelization
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:52:12 +0200

Dear Igor,

Unfortunately, the parrallelization of Getfem is still incomplete. You are
right, th brick mdbrick_QU_term is not parallelized. In fact, the
modification to parallelize it is not difficult. You have to replace the last
argument of asm_qu_term, which is boundary, by the term
mf_u.linked_mesh().get_mpi_sub_region(boundary)
in the definition of the brick (getfem_modeling.h).
The effect is that the assembly will be done in a distributed way with respect
to a partition of the mesh done with metis.

In fact, all model brick have to be modified in that way to be used in a
parallel version.

I commit this change in the gna repository.

Best regards,

Yves.