[Getfem-users] boundary condition application question

From: Umut Tabak
Subject: [Getfem-users] boundary condition application question
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:31:42 +0200

Dear all,

As a new, fresh user of getfem, I was looking for a way to be able to identify different elements in a mesh(imported from Gmsh), and put these elements in different mesh regions for boundary condition application. Say, I am importing a simple mesh of a box structure and I would like to put some specific elements in different regions, for instance the quad elements on once of the faces of the volume will be in one region and the hexahedral elements of the whole mesh will be in another region. I guess I can put all the valid elements in my mesh in a vector defined by using mymesh.convex_index(), by how to separate them depending on convex types, is there a direct way to do this separation in getFem++.

Thanks in advance.

Umut