[Getfem-users] gmsh import problem for quadrangle face of a hexahedral

From: Umut Tabak
Subject: [Getfem-users] gmsh import problem for quadrangle face of a hexahedral
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:45:19 +0200

Dear all,

I have modelled a slender beam in gmsh with hexahedral elements. I am saving all the elements and one quadrangle face from Gmsh in my mesh file defined as Physical. So these two regions should appear in the export but when I use the stable version of the library or the latest svn source compiled from scractch, I get a warning as defined like:
face not found ...

Level 2 Warning in getfem_import.cc, line 265: gmsh import ignored a convex of type GT_QK(2,1)
The mesh has region 1 defined

BTW, Ronan helped me extensively with his personal effort but I could not locate my error, my msh file is in the attachments, Ronan could get the right regions btw by using the latest svn copy of the library.

I would appreciate if someone could clarify why I can not import quadrangles here.

Best regards,

Umut
#include <cmath>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <getfem/getfem_mesh.h>
#include <getfem/getfem_import.h>

using namespace std;
typedef double Scalar;

int main(int argc, char **argv){

  try{

    /*************************************************************************/
    // Parameters of the problem.
    string filename;
    filename = "beam.msh";
    /*************************************************************************/

    /*************************************************************************/
    // Create a mesh variable for getfem.
    getfem::mesh m;
    // Import mesh from gmsh (version 2).
    getfem::import_mesh(filename.insert(0, "gmshv2:"), m);
    // Use the following line if it is a 2D problem (gmsh stores nodes as if it
    // was always 3D).
    getfem::maybe_remove_last_dimension(m);

    if(m.has_region(1))
      std::cout << "The mesh has region 1 defined" << std::endl;
    if(m.has_region(2))
      std::cout << "The mesh has region 2 defined" << std::endl;

  } DAL_STANDARD_CATCH_ERROR;
}