[Getfem-users] Node renumbering's question

From: Véronique Pham
Subject: [Getfem-users] Node renumbering's question
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:33:31 +0200

Hi everyone,

Here is another wondering about the library.

I have a mesh file with values at each node. I can load the mesh into a getfem::mesh but when I apply P1 shape function to the linked getfem::mesh_fem, the node are renumberer. How can I use the value in the file in this case?
I have seen interpolate function and interpolate mesh but they do not correspond to what I want to do.
Should I hack the lib to make the renumbering optional, or to save it somewhere? or do you see a better method?
I suppose I could also traverse all the element and try to find the renumbering afterward by matching coordinate, but it seen a waste of computationnal time.
This seems like a standard operation to me, surely there is already something available?

Thanks for your help.
Véronique.