[Getfem-users] Model and brick framework

From: James Zhou
Subject: [Getfem-users] Model and brick framework
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:39:30 -0400

Hi all,

I really love the python interface of GetFEM++, it is very helpful for prototyping.  I have some questions about the model and bricks fraemwork.  It seems there are at least three ways of building a finite element system: 1. using the Model class (as in demo_laplacian.py), 2. using MdBrick class only (as in demo_tripod.py), and 3. using lower level methods (as in demo_tripod_alt.py).  I am wondering if it is possible to combine 1 and 2 together?

In particular, I want to add a Dirichlet constrain by using augmented Lagrangian or by eliminating it from the set of unknowns.  "Augmented" and "eliminated" are supported by MdBrick class but not by the Model class (which only support Lagrange multiplier and penalty method).    My current settings are all using the Model class.  So does it mean I have to rewrite everything using MdBrick (adding source term etc. all using bricks)?  Is there a way to create a brick and add it to the model in python?  Thanks in advance,

cheers,
James