Re: [Getfem-users] Reduction problems

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Reduction problems
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:37:02 +0200

Dear Torquil,

The resulting finite element space when you supress the dof
corresponding to  intermediate points is not a partition of unity. So,
it is not able to approximate the constants. Consequently, I think, it
is normal that the solution is not well approximated. You have at least
to care that your reduction produces a finite element space which
reproduces the polynomial of degree less or equal to 1 to have a good
approximation.

Yves.