Re: [Getfem-users] Commit 4120

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Commit 4120
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:08:21 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I have some issues with the change introduced in revision 4120.
> Making the = operator for the mesh_fem class private, will not let
> you resize or fill a std::vector<getfem::mesh_fem> because the copy
> operator is required.
>

> Is it possible to rework this commit so that it doesn't cause this
> restriction?
>
> Best regards
>
> Kostas

First of all it would be good to know the sort of troubles
(the best would be some bug demonstration code) that were
the motivation for this commit.

I had a quick look at getfem::mesh_fem class and I think
that the source of problems can lie in the class getfem::context_dependencies.
What I can see there are two vectors of pointers. Please correct me
if I am wrong but the default (compiler generated) copy constructor and
assignment operator do the bitwise coping what in the presence of pointers
as data membes may cause troubles.

The question to andrico who commited rev 4120 -- is it possible to
see the code that produces the troubles you have mentioned ?

Regards

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)