Re: [Getfem-users] Error in MUMPS configuration - GetFEM version 4.2

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Error in MUMPS configuration - GetFEM version 4.2
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:26:37 +0100

> Dear friends,
>
> I have this error:
> checking for library containing smumps_c... no
> configure: error: The function smumps_c couldn't be found in the provided
> MUMPS libraries.
>
> As you see, there is smumps_c.h in this directory.
> I have given the address for MUMPS include directory in the configuration.
> But, it doesn't recognize that.
>
> Has any one encountered the same error? I would appreciate it if you could
> let know how to resolve this error.

Dear Mahdi,

and not header files. To see what is going on you can look at config.log
in your file. First of all make sure you have all required libraries
in the directory provided.

Most of the time autotools configuration works fine but I have found that if
I have libraries installed in some non-standard places it "chokes"
when looking for library files. In such situations setting environment
variable LDFLAGS="-L my_lib_path" solves the problem.

Regards

Roman