Re: [Getfem-users] mesh_deformation

From: Zhenghuai Guo
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] mesh_deformation
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 09:11:04 +0000

Hi Andriy,

Thank you for the advice. I am having a look at it.

In the meantime, I would like to show you what I do and hope you can help me solve one more related problem.

To get the displacement values is easy as

plain_vector U(mf_u.nb_dof());

gmm::copy(model.real_variable("u"), U);

I then get the total dof of the mesh_fem mfu by

size_type mfudof = mf_u.nb_dof();

Then I think I can get the coordinates of each dof by

for (scalar_type ndof = 0.; ndof < mfudof; ndof += 1){

                coordinate= mf_u.point_of_dof(ndof);

}

Then I can relate the displacement values to the geometrical coordinates, because I know which dofs corresponding to which the geometrical coordinates.

Could you please help and advise to me about the following

  1. Is the values in the vector U storing the displacement value ā€œuā€, the same order as the dofs? Say the first value in the vector U corresponds to dof 0 and the 100th value in the U corresponds to dof 99.
  2. When I do

  for (scalar_type ndof = 0.; ndof < mfudof; ndof += 1){

                coordinate= mf_u.point_of_dof(ndof);

                cout << coordinate <<endl ;

  }

It shows that

             It appears that it show duplicated coordinates as you can see every two coordinates are the same. Is this because that the mesh is two dimension and each node has two dofs ā€“ one for x and the other for y?

  1. What is the different between dof and basic_dof? I can see there are basic_dof_on_region() and dof_on_region() for the mesh_fem mfu.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Zhenghuai Guo