[Getfem-users] Inverted element

From: Zhenghuai Guo
Subject: [Getfem-users] Inverted element
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 13:45:11 +0000

Hi, Konstantinos and Yves  and Andriy,

I am trying to run elastic brick with large slide contact bricks.

 getfem::add_contact_boundary_to_large_sliding_contact_brick(model,ind,  mim_contact_1, total_bounday_1, true, true, "u_1", "pre_mflambda_1");

  getfem::add_contact_boundary_to_large_sliding_contact_brick(model,ind,  mim_contact_2, total_bounday_2, false, true, "u_2", "pre_mflambda_2");

Two meshes – top and bottom are used. When I use very small release distance, the code runs ok, no warning. But only part of the contract surface works fines and other places two meshes got overlapped with each other. So I think the release distance is not big enough. Then I went to increase it.

But when I try to increase the release distance, I got below warning a lot and the code can’t not converge.

Level 1 Warning in getfem_contact_and_friction_common.cc, line 47: Inverted element !-1278.62

Could you please advise what this warning suggests normally and what the value (-1278.62) is in this warning?

Thank you very much

Regards

Zhenghuai Guo