Re: Surface integration

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: Surface integration
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:07:05 +0200

Dear Lorenzo,

This is the correct way of calculating such integrals both regarding the current and the integral of the multiplier (i.e. reaction force). Not sure why you get a NaN.

Look for example at line 220 of this indentation simulation:
https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/getfem.git/tree/contrib/continuum_mechanics/plasticity_finite_strain_linear_hardening_tension_3D.py

We do exactly the same for calculating the applied force.

Just FYI, you can just provide the relevant model to gf.asm_generic() instead of 'V', 1, mf, dataV.

Remark, for debugging purposes you can use the Print function in GWFL, try e.g.
'-sigma*Print(Grad_V).Normal
or
'-sigma*Print(Grad_V.Normal)'
to see the values of the respective quantities at each integration point.

Best regards
Kostas