Re: read a list of point in a python script to define a set of points wi

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: read a list of point in a python script to define a set of points with Dirichlet boundary conditions
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:26:01 +0100

Dear Anne-Cecile

To be more precise, an "anatomical area" should be defined as a set of element faces and not as a set of discrete points. This is why GetFEM honours the definition of regions in terms of element volumes (entire elements) and element surfaces (faces).

You can apply BCs on points in GetFEM but you should in general avoid it. So I recommend you to either identify the "anatomic area" with a set of faces in your external program or to find inside GetFEM which faces include the given set of points. Then then define a standard mesh region for that.

The second option you can implement with
fc = mesh.faces_from_pid(point_ids)

image.png

Best regards
Kostas