Modeling tumor resection

From: Lesage,Anne Cecile J
Subject: Modeling tumor resection
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:57:18 +0000

Dear all

With a poroelastic model in getfem, I was able to simulate brain shift during surgery before resection

I would like to try a resection model now

As you can see in the image one successful and pertinent method will be to compute the pressure/stress generated at the tumor boundary.

Remove the tumor elements and apply the tumor stress/pressure exterior field in the reverse direction on the resection cavity

How can I compute the stress in a interior surface of my mesh and reapply it in the opposite direction?

Best Regards

Anne-Cecile

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.